Monday, September 13, 2021

First layer of ground cover

I dug out my scenic materials and had a go at laying down the first layer of ground cover.

I reviewed E. L. Moore's Turn Backward, O Time article for some guidance regarding colour and texture, but all I saw was that the area looked like it was covered in some sort of level, light coloured dirt. 

Halfway through gluing down the sand mix
I mixed up some light coloured sand with a little darker dirt from the garden and some brown Woodland Scenics ground cover with an eye towards keeping the overall colour fairly light. The darker constituents are to add a little variety. This mix was bonded to the base with a thin coat of white glue spread over the brown painted areas. I covered the base in two sessions. 

Next up: ballasting the track and surfacing the back road to the lumber storage shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment