Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Canvas for an HO Space Hopper

I was out making the rounds of the hobby shop, art supply store, and Canadian Tire shopping for supplies for the E. L. Moore dioramas and stuff for the new layout when I stumbled across this HO-scale Trinity hopper on the resale table at the hobby shop. It's a Walthers item, a bit beat-up, and it looks like an attempt at painting was made, but it's in good enough shape to see if I can turn it into a Space Hopper. Watch this space :-)

2 comments:

  1. To do an authentic job, you’ll have to 1. steal the spray paint and 2. sneak into your workshop in the dead of night.

    (I’m a graffiti fan, but not practitioner, from way back.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol

      Given that I'm a geezer I likely couldn't find the business end of a hot spray can in the dark and wind up painting myself. I think I'll be more bourgeoisie and see if I can make some credible decals from one of my photos.

      Delete