Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Track planning with the Druids

When Sophia came by the house last week she asked if I was building a Stonehenge on the patio. Although it may look that way, it turns out I'm not.

A few weeks ago I decided to roll out a large sheet of kraft paper, around 9'x4', on the patio to draw a full-size track plan for the new layout. After awhile it started to look like rain, so I quickly gathered up the sheet, took it inside, and left the stones I used to weigh it down in place so they'd be there when I worked on it again. In the meantime I worked on renovations and the stones remained in place awaiting my return.

I decided to resume planning while the ballast dried on the E. L. Moore diorama. This time though I've moved inside.

I cleaned up the workshop a bit and decided to piece together the track on the floor in front of the layout stand. I see some problems, but resolving them is the fun of planning. Now, where did I leave my robe :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment