Saturday, July 11, 2020

Crew car train in the Havelock yard

My photo re-org continues, and along the way I found these 6 pictures of crew cars I shot in the Havelock yard sometime in the mid-70s. Once again, there're no date stamps on these pictures, and I'm relying on my memory of when I was into taking train photos back in the '70s.










I think at the time I shot them with a plan to string them together into a panorama. I should still do that, but in the meantime, I've ordered the pictures here in what looks like the sequence they appeared in the train.











Looks like someone left the screen door open.

















On this one you can see what the door looks like closed.

















No people-sized door on this one, just the original boxcar sliding doors.

It seems like these cars were made from several different vintages and styles of boxcars. I guess they were built from whatever cars weren't good for revenue service.









And this is the last member of the train I was able to shoot. You can see there's a 7th car peeking out from behind that black hopper on the right. There might have been more cars in this train beyond #7, but that's lost to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment