Thursday, July 9, 2020

Infinite E. L. Moore

As I browse the internet looking at old catalogues of plastic kits I still find it surprising the number of times E. L. Moore kits continue to appear. This is a page from Heljan's 1974-75 catalogue I found at the most excellent site, Plastic Kits & Toy Soldiers - Printed Information.

Items B 809 and B 810 are E. L. Moore's Three Store Fronts and a Shop kits that were originally sold by AHM. You may recall I was able to find the second kit at last year's Syracuse train show.

No doubt these two kits will pop-up somewhere else in my catalogue travels.

5 comments:

  1. I always thought those banners were gaudy. I never understood the joke until I read the original article... how all stores were having sales but the middle one hired the sign guy on the left to make a banner called "Main Entrance". That gets lost, the way these kits are sold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. They should have created some other signage for these kits so they made a bit more sense.

      Delete
  2. I watched an old "You Bet Your Life" with Groucho Marx. One of his contestants/guests was Richard Armour... and I realized I had first heard of this funny writer/poet from an article by E. L. Moore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that on youtube? Do you have a link? I have one book by Richard Armour: Drug Store Days: My Youth Among the Pills and Potions.

      Delete
    2. See also: https://30squaresofontario.blogspot.com/2015/07/e-l-moores-reading-list-for-ye-olde.html

      Delete