Thursday, July 30, 2020

Pietenpol Air Camper

Ok, I have a work-around to my problem with uploading photos, so on with the show :-)

Back in the '70s I read a piece in Model Airplane News about a small, wind-up flying model manufactured by Peck Polymers called the Pietenpol Air Camper. I couldn't find the kit locally, and it was too expensive for me to buy back then. It turns out it's still in production, and as an extra bonus many of the parts are now laser cut! Naturally, I bought one. 

I'm taking a little break from streetcar modelling and am building the Air Camper. It's taking me considerably longer than I thought, and I'm realizing I don't have as many skills as I thought :-) I found the fuselage rather tricky to build up and keep square. I'm at the sanding all components stage, and I'm getting ready to cover the parts. I need to pickup the pace or the snow will be flying before this is.

4 comments:

  1. Jim, yours is the second blog post I've read today that reports a problem with images in the new Blogger. Can you explain your workaround?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to use the new Blogger to create this post, but it appeared that the tools normally available for use in the Compose view of the old Blogger weren't available. I decided to switch back to old Blogger and work out the problem with the new one later when I was in a better frame of mind.

      So, in old Blogger it turned out I was no longer able to upload jpg files from my desktop - I kept getting a 'server reject' error message. So, to get around that I loaded my images to Google Photo and then used Blogger to get them from there. That worked. This is a far from an ideal solution and I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong in new Blogger.

      Delete
  2. Yikes — I can’t imagine what would cause such a problem. If I’m reading correctly the messages that pop up about new and old, it sounds as if they’re quietly going to let the old interface remain available. I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the old interface only remains available until late August, but after that, one can't switch back from new blogger. I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong with new blogger before then.

      Delete