Sunday, March 15, 2020

Placing the Mortimer subway entrance


Although I'm not an operational guy, I do try to put some thought into placing the various transportation elements to make the story seem real. Overall I think of the Ocean Park loop as being in the west end, and the Mortimer Park loop in the east. The subway runs north-south. In this world I see the Mortimer subway station as being below the Mortimer Park streetcar loop. So, if you want to go through the city along Ocean Boulevard to get to Ocean Park, you'd take the subway to the Mortimer Station, then walk up the stairs to the streetcar stop on Ocean Boulevard near Mortimer St., and transfer to the westbound streetcar to Ocean Park. Passengers don't need to cross a busy street over to the loop to board. I think I need to add a shelter near the stop in case of rain, which will be an interesting project.

No comments:

Post a Comment