Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Interior for A&A's

There are 3 parts remaining to build on A&A's facade: the interior, the 'A&A Records & Tapes' sign, and the main A&A sign. I've been spending some time thinking about the assembly sequence, as a wrong sequence will make it rather difficult to install later parts. Although I'd like to tackle the main A&A sign first, it turns out the sequence must be from the bottom up, much like the real thing.
I wasn't after a highly detailed interior, just one that would give the impression of activity when viewed from street-level. To keep the interior low-key, I tried as best I could to colour all the inside elements in black, white, and grey. Except of course for the record bins that I removed from Stella's. I repainted them in grey, and sloshed some white wash on the records to tone them down a bit. The little bit of remaining record colour through the front windows livens things up some.
The image on the back wall is pieced together from a number of pictures found from an internet search on words like 'record store interior'. None of those images are from A&A.

The next job is to build a light box for the interior. Unlike the signs, I plan to use incandescent bulbs for light instead of LEDs so I can get a more low-key, atmospheric light.

No comments:

Post a Comment