Sunday, November 3, 2019

My work is not done

This weekend John, Gail, and I visited the Train Fair in Syracuse, New York. In one word: amazing!

While I was there I came across a motherlode of AHM E. L. Moore kits. Look at that stack over there. Other than the Interlocking Tower on the top, the rest are the Original 9, or their derivatives. And you can see a Grusom Casket over on the right, just on top of a Rico Station

I was weak at the knees :-) I mentioned to the gentleman selling these that it was rare to see so many E. L. Moore designed kits in one place, let alone a single stack. His reply, who's he? Clearly, my work here at 30Squares is not done :-)

No, I didn't buy the whole stack, just that Village Blacksmith on the bottom so I can fix up my old one that I bought in the '70s.

4 comments:

  1. Should'a bought the whole stack. Seemed like it was there just for you. Now you gotta scratchbuild them all (which will actually be better).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, scratch that. I see now many were duplicates. Good luck with the blacksmith. Make sure to put it under a spreading chestnut tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Also, I'm trying to be a little more selective in what I buy these days. I'm cleaning out and re-organizing the workshop, and in the process wondering if I'm ever going to get around to building what I've got. I would have also bought an AHM Schaefer Brewing from him, but he told me he sold one a few days before the show and didn't have another. That brewery was the first ELM plastic kit, and it would have been great to have it in an AHM box - the kit that started it all :-)

      Delete