Tuesday, November 5, 2019

A&A sign's lightbox

I took a little break from workshop reorganization to add the lights to the A&A sign's lightbox.

The LED strips were cut from a large roll I bought a few years back that are meant for under-counter lighting. They're 12V, and the strip has printed on marks where you can cut off mini-strips.

I know this sounds boring, but I cranked up the new workbench to full height and tried soldering the lights together while standing up as I would if I were soldering something on the layout. Maybe it's just confirmation bias on my part, but I felt it was easier to solder with more accuracy and control while standing in comparison to sitting down. 

In the picture the LEDs are powered with a 9V battery to confirm that they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment