Monday, November 25, 2019

Alias Nafford, French, and Wright

No, it's not a law firm, those are Louis Hertz's aliases:


Walter Nafford
Henry Worth French
William Wright

Long story short, Vince alerted me to this Slot Car Books Checklist, and in the entry for Louis Hertz's The Complete Book of Model Raceways and Roadways there's mention that Mr. Hertz published articles under a number of pseudonyms. I contacted the site's owner, Mr. Jim Allen, and he kindly forwarded me a number of scans to help clarify the situation.

The one over there is part of an advertisement for Mr. Hertz's The Complete Book of Model Railroading that was included in, you guessed it, The Complete Book of Model Railroading. My copy of the book doesn't have a dust jacket, or any inclusions, so this list of aliases was fascinating news to me.

Bill Schopp did the same thing, and published many articles under several aliases. I need to find out what those aliases were.

No comments:

Post a Comment