Thursday, March 28, 2019

Projektiert Von Mister E. L. Moore

Projektiert Von Mister E. L. Moore: that's what it says in that second red box on the above AHM kit of E. L. Moore's Grusom Casket Company. E. L. Moore's AHM kits that were sold in North America were stamped with Designed by E. L. Moore, so I thought it interesting that all the other text on this box was in English. I guess this box was printed for the German market, and the changes made were the least they thought they could get away with. Below is a Pola boxing of the same kit, and although it states Made in Western Germany on the side, it looks to be made for the North American market. I bought both of these last year: the Pola first, and then the AHM. The Pola was incomplete.

4 comments:

  1. I remember a nod to ELM in an AHM kit catalogue, but my copy is missing pages now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. Thanks for letting me know! I can see many internet searches ahead to see if that catalogue is out there.

      Delete
  2. It was a unstapled paper b/w "catalogue" that came with a train set by AHM around 1969.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! But, it sounds like it could be hard to find.

      Delete