Saturday, March 30, 2019

From the Time Machine's Glovebox: The Custom Dodge Rampage


Last week the Custom Dodge Rampage post from 2014 was the most viewed. That was one of the most complex kitbashes I've ever worked on, and although it was an on-again-off-again build that took many months, it was also one of the most enjoyable builds I've worked on. The long gone El Camino / Ranchero body style is one of my favourites, and over the life of this blog I've collected many kits for a one-day-I'll-get-around-to-building marathon - a marathon that'll likely take a year if starting day ever arrives.

A few months after finishing the Rampage, I took the leftover parts from the 1993 Civic kit that had donated the interior components and started on a custom Civ-amino: a Honda Civic convertible and El Camino style hybrid. I got as far as making the major cuts to the body, but then reality called and it got shelved. The body is still waiting calmly in the parts box for the day when I restart this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment