Wednesday, October 14, 2015

E. L. Moore's Green House

[E. L. Moore's Green House; J. R. Fisher collection]

I've been away for a little while and thought I'd get back into the swing of things with a brief post following up on a discussion about E. L. Moore and the colour green.
I saw a number of wood frame houses all with E. L. Moore's signature on the bottom, but I don't recall seeing articles about their construction. This is one of them.
To be honest these houses are nicely built, but I'd say they aren't his best work. Although, if used as part of a background scene, they'd be ok.
The green is very similar to the shade used on the Elizabethton Depot. It comes across as freshly painted, not weathered.
The roof is classic Moore: shingles etched in with a wood-burning tool.
26 February 2016 update: This is one of E. L. Moore's Combination Houses

No comments:

Post a Comment