Sunday, May 15, 2022

November to May

I was going through photos of the Loonar Module and thought the progress was pretty striking. The picture on the left was taken on 3 Nov 2021 just after the track was installed, and the picture on the right was taken on 12 May 2022 just after the fifth and last tall pine tree was planted. I figure there are just two more major tasks to accomplish before this test layout goes into the permanent fiddling stage: the water effects need to be laid down, and the birch trees along the entry road need to be created and installed. I've bought the materials I need for the water effects, and I've started trying my hand at making birches. So, things are moving ahead.

Although I see lots of areas for improvement, this little layout has so far fulfilled its purpose of providing a stage for learning a number of scenery building techniques, not to mention being fun and mentally refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment