Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Ramsey's Park Square: Facade and Building Shell

I see several fit and finish issues to fix up.

I recently finished the facade, and, making use of a great idea suggested by Galen, went ahead and installed it in the building shell.

He suggested only cutting out the kit's lower level window and door on the front wall for the facade instead of removing the entire wall from below the sills of the second floor windows as I was originally going to do. This meant adding a foundation wall around the lower perimeter, but with the obvious basement window on the facade, this addition made visual sense for the model.

Also, this arrangement makes the building look less dumpy and squat. The overall proportions are now much more pleasing.


I did a test placement of the shell on the layout. I feel that it fits in quite well.





For reference, this is the facade's other side. The facade is simply a box with a 10mm depth, made up from scraps of 0.040", 0.020", and 0.010" sheet styrene. 

The foundation walls are cut from 0.060" sheet and square section styrene.






To make this model I've had to scrounge from all three Ramsey Journal and Gruesom Casket kits I have. I bought these things mainly for the boxes, so I haven't inventoried them until recently. It turned out each was missing some key part - and as an extra bonus, two included components from some other unidentified kits - but together there're enough components to get me through this project. These three are now officially donors. Maybe the future holds some more Ramsey-Gruesom kitmingles.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo! You are off to a great start. Your work is so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete