Monday, July 5, 2021

Repairing E. L. Moore's Central Warehouse

One of the end doors is missing, but it doesn't impact the look

I recently bought one of the collections of E. L. Moore's models that I saw back in September 2015. His Central Warehouse was one of the first to show up on my doorstep.

It's in good condition, but the chimney and corner leg of the loading dock had come off. No problem. Some carefully applied Weld Bond came to the rescue.

I'm hoping to do some rephotographing of the models so I have some better images for the book than the ones I took back in 2015. And I can now examine them at my leisure to see what I may have overlooked on that whirlwind trip.

Leg and chimney reattached

4 comments:

  1. Nice build. It looks very sturdy. What are the dimensions for this structure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in HO scale, and the maximum footprint dimensions are approximately 10.5"L x 3.5"W x 3.5"H.

      Delete
  2. A lot of your ELM-original photos I put into my PDF were photo-edited. You may wish to return to your originals. I personally liked them cleaned up but that's not true to their condition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably compare them against the models to assess the colour.

      Delete