Sunday, July 25, 2021

Coffee and hoppers

We swung by the Havelock yard while out on Saturday. It was my first trip there this year. 

Being Saturday morning, there wasn't anything happening, but the yard was stuffed with hopper cars from one end to the other.





I parked the car by the visitor information centre and walked on the park side of the track down to the station. 

The string of hoppers extended all the way down past the station.










As you can imagine just about all the cars were marked with graffiti. This one, with graffiti covering the entire side, was the most impressive.





But, there were a couple that looked like they were brand new and just driven off the lot. No doubt this one's a new canvas for somebody.








As I sauntered down the line I took some time to glance across the highway to see what I might see. And what I saw was the Wildflower Bakery & Cafe.

There was a steady stream of cars pulling up to this place, so I figured it must be good, and it was very good.









Here I am risking my life in the middle of the road outside the bakery to prove it's just a stone's throw from the yard - you can see the hoppers in the distance - so, if you're in Havelock for a little train watching, do yourself a favour and pop over to the bakery*. 

*Fine print: I'm not a shill, just a happy customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment