Saturday, February 6, 2021

Art Metropole: Layers 0 and 1

I used the updated drawing to cut out the facade's base layers.

Layer 0 is the window layer. It's cut from a piece of clear 1/16" thick plastic - I'm not sure of the type of plastic other than it's a leftover that's been in my scrapbox for a longtime.

Layer 1 is the stone layer. It's cut from 4-ply 500 series Strathmore Bristol Board. I'm starting to appreciate why many of the old school builders liked this particular brand of Bristol Board. It cuts well and has a fine surface. 

The semi-circular window opening was cut out with a compass-like circle cutter. I think I need to buy another one as mine's made of plastic, and it was a bit wobbly in making the cut through the relatively thick card. I need to find out if there is a brand made of steel.

I'm moving on to building up layer 1 with pieces of thinner Strathmore to model the facade's stone relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment