Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Flying surfaces covered

I see some wrinkles - argh.

Building the air camper has got me all philosophical. It seems when it comes to stick-and-tissue builds I completely forget about the Three Things I've Learned, which causes me to give up.

For example, the kit's instruction for covering is something like "cover with tissue". Not knowing the best method, or even a good one, I do some research and find there are many recommendations and practices. Given my lack of success in the past, I usually down tools at this point and give up for awhile, which often turns out to be months or forever. This time I decided to pick a procedure and get on with things - which is lesson #3 in the 3 things. So, I simply stuck on unstretched tissue pieces by applying to the frames clear-drying glue from a glue stick. I read that some builders of these peanut-scale models don't stretch the tissue for fear of warping the frame - which I have done, warping that is, in my not so illustrious past. 

So, the philosophy for this build is: Keep going; Try to do a good job; Don't rush; Complete.

Completion is important. I figure if I can complete it, I'll have experienced all the steps and can build on what I'ved learned, as there will be fewer mysteries involved on future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment