Monday, September 16, 2019

Thoughts on an 'Ocean Park Loop'

I've been thinking about what's causing my mental blocks to creating the Alta Vista TC layout. I've realized: the residential panel didn't seem right with its small island of buildings surrounded by a road; I wanted an ocean / water / beach feature as I had on the LOL; the straight centre panel isn't long enough; the weird orientation of the end panels didn't play out as I had hoped; and I didn't like the name :-)



I removed the residential panel, and it's going to be rebuilt into an end-of-line loop near oceanfront. But, more importantly, I'm going to focus on getting the Neville Park loop scenicked and running to see if it can be saved, or if it should also be changed, which would basically mean scrapping the layout if I can't get it looking and running to my satisfaction. Other issues I'll put on the back burner until I sort out the Neville Park loop.

Ok, I have tentatively sorted out a new layout name: The Ocean Park Loop, since the track forms a loop that has a park at one end (Neville Park and its turnaround) and an ocean at the other (TBD on the name at this end).

No comments:

Post a Comment