Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Hanging out with the EVRR

The N-scale Elizabeth Valley RR is hanging on the wall behind my desk boring accusatory holes in the back of my head as to when I'll finish it. I try explaining that I think I bit off more than I can chew when I started it, but there's no appeasing it. I'm thinking that if I could dedicate 2 solid weeks to it, I could at least have this monster scenicked and running, but there'd be next to no buildings, and that awesome bridge that cuts across the centre would still need to be done. Finding 2 weeks, there's the trick.

4 comments:

  1. Did you leave masking tape across half the tracks? You know that's hard to get off when it's been left on so long, right? Lots of scraping ahead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tape was applied in areas where I was filling and sanding and didn't want dust and glop on the track. The tape is from my 'useless' tape pile :-) of tape that barely sticks at all. But, you're right I should peel it off - Ok I just peeled it off and there is indeed some sticky film on the track I'm going to need to clean off - thanks for mentioning !

      Delete
  2. I recommend 'Goo Gone' for removing residue, but you'll need to remove THAT with alcohol or it will transfer its own residue onto the wheels of your equipment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give that a try. I'm curious to see if it'll still run.

      Delete