Saturday, July 18, 2026

The story so far...

A check on element placement as the story develops.

At this stage of construction I'm adding in scenic details I have in mind, and am checking fit, spacing, and composition as I go along. The layout's so small I don't want a surprise near the end where I find I can't fit in things I want without doing some crazy squeezing here and there. 

I should note I haven't finished the electronics on this thing, and that might come back to bite me later (!), but scenery is what I feel like doing right now. This is a life pursuit, not a job, so I do what I like.

3 comments:

  1. apparently the wildfires have scorched your timbers bare.

    be safe up there, now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm...yes, now that you mention it, something in my subconscious being expressed there. Thanks for the kind words! If you haven't already seen this video of a CN freight train crew up in Armstrong, Ontario surrounded by flames, you should have a look: https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/video/9.7270799

      Delete
    2. And the followup: https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/government-investigating-cn-wildfire-9.7274475

      Delete