Saturday, June 20, 2026

Blue trucks

It's a small detail of course, but in my memory of the Pillsbury hoppers, if the truck side frames weren't blue as on the real ones I saw back in the '70s, then, well, it just wasn't right. After a little bit of colour matching, Vallejo Model Color Royal Blue 70.809 seemed to be the best match. So, I unscrewed the trucks from the bodies and brush painted the side frames. Sounds easy, right? Problem is I found the trucks were screwed into those bodies extra tight, and it was quite tricky to apply sufficient torque with a fine screwdriver without damaging the bodies. But, everything worked out, and now my mind is at ease :-)

It's crazy early on a Saturday morning and as I contemplate all things blue and the philosophical implications of going back to bed to catchup on dreams or facing the day and making coffee, I'll leave you with the legendary Angelique Francis:

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No, I wasn't aware of that book. I see another purchase on the horizon. Thanks for the link!

      Delete