![]() |
| I decided to take some glamour shots with all the pieces I've so far assembled to assess the composition. |
Once I finished testing the track in the pit I decided to do some odds-and-ends work that I had been putting off. This included: finishing installing the internal stiffeners in the launch pad section, finishing installing the walls of the blast trench under the launch pad, installing the launch pad, priming the roadbed in the pit, and sticking down the pit track. Nothing glamorous, but all essential.
![]() |
| Business end of the blast trench. |
It's more-or-less all scenic work from here on as I think the major structural and infrastructure components are now in place.
![]() |
| A major discovery in the monolith pit! |
And I think the scenic work will be quite interesting. At my usual snail's pace it could take a year or so to complete, but I've only touched on lunar scenery, so lots of learning ahead too.



Exciting! The raised pad is a nice feature. Gives a reason for the track to curve so broadly as it does. I suspect the "train" circling around the rocket will be a lovely moment.
ReplyDeleteThanks! While I was installing it I thought that I need a way for cargo to be taken from the pad to the train. I have an idea, now I just need to work on it.
DeleteNow that is grand!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I see a lot of model making challenges in this project, but I think they'll be interesting one.
Delete