Tuesday, June 16, 2026

Scenery begins on the Community Garden layout

I've started to work on the scenery by laying out the primary areas. There'll be 9 garden plots, or pieces of garden plots: 5 inside the loop, 3 bounding the outside the loop pedestrian pathway, and 1 close to the loco re-charging station (it's the gravel area with the repurposed porch railing as one of fences that bounds the 9th garden plot).


The shed is tucked in a corner inside the loop. Beside it will be a tree. I've pretty much decided on using the tree in the photo below even though it's maybe 100m or so away from the shed on the real thing (selective compression in action!):


That green patch across from the loco recharging area will be home to this tree:


It isn't actually located in the community garden grounds, but on a boulevard on the walk to it. All I can say is I like it, and it will be an interesting challenge to make, so there you go.


While I was out walking today I noticed the city has marked where they're going to plant new trees. I need some of those sorts of signs for my layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment