Sunday, December 14, 2025

Snow on E. L. Moore's EKRR

Gemini's colourization after a couple of prompts

It's been snowing like crazy here and it got me thinking I should try asking Gemini to colourize one of E. L. Moore's snow scenes. I thought the photo below Mr. Moore shot of his giant snowplow model was a suitable candidate.


The lead-in colour photo wasn't the first image Gemini produced. This one was:

Gemini's first attempt at colourizing the photo

I didn't ask it to colour the loco green and the plow red. I thought the green was an interesting choice given it was E. L. Moore's favourite colour. This was likely just a coincidence, but it was an interesting one. I had to ask Gemini in a second prompt for black.

Snow must be a rare occurrence for those fellows digging out the train given how lightly dressed they are.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They do. I rather prefer the green one, but for some reason, maybe a stereotypical reason, I thought the locomotive should be black.

      Delete
  2. As a diehard Southern Railroad fan, whose colors inspired the ET&WNC green scheme for their locomotives, I heartily endorse the green bodied image. Also, this is an AI snow scene I can get behind. Between your experimentation and current trends, I'm formulating some thoughts about the use of AI in the hobby. Good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to enlighten me about those thoughts.

      Delete