![]() |
| Leftovers from the '72 project. |
I was going to modify the pickup box after I had done removing the cab's roof, but during that bit of plastic surgery I found my so-called razor saw was so dull it couldn't cut through warm butter on a hot day.
![]() |
| The article says an inch needs to be removed from the box in front of the wheel well. |
Well, the blade is quite old now and I need to buy a new, sharp one because cutting an inch out of the box from between the wheel well and the box's wall is something of a precision job. This is a task the article doesn't show the reader how to do, but just assumes one knows how.
So, instead I had a look through my bag of parts leftover from my '72 build to assess what I had on hand. Not much survived, but I'll make use of what I've got.
I got curious and went looking on eBay for either old Baja-Brute kits or parts. I didn't find any kits, but I did find a few sellers offering miscellaneous parts for eye watering prices. I'll take a pass on them and go with what I have.
The other thing I did was check scalemates for the MPC Baja-Brute. The timeline shown there confirms the lineage from the Brute to the base kit I'm using for this project. Here's a snippet:
A perfect fit! I'm not going the repaint the tailgate, just leave it as is, maybe colour the Dodge logo with some chrome paint so it stands out. So, the paint job on this model will be a bit of a hodgepodge, but I want to preserve this relic as-is as a reminder. The other relics will be fixed up and repainted, but not this one.
Today, I gotta go buy a saw!





Any day you have to go buy a tool is a good day in my opinion. Nice choice to leave the paint scheme as-is for historical purposes.
ReplyDeleteCan't agree more tool-wise :-)
Delete