Friday, December 5, 2025

Colour brings life to the Spumoni Country Estate

Image colourized by Gemini's Nano Banana Pro

When I logged into Gemini recently it kept informing me it was now using Nano Banana Pro for image processing. I decided to try it and asked it to colourize the E. L. Moore photo shown below of the Spumoni Country Estate that made an appearance in the July 1955 issue of Railroad Model Craftsman.

An E. L. Moore original photo of the Spumoni's Country Estate

Needless to say maybe, but I'm quite impressed by Gemini's image. If Mr. Moore's layout was even close in colour to that image the layout must have been more captivating than I've previously imagined.

2 comments:

  1. i am thrilled to see this photo. my formative years were saturated with EL Moore's modeling and the "roundy-round" layout i had was an exact replica in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! I should probably get the lead out and get the other layout photos colourized. I sometimes think that with these AI tools, and the knowledge we now have of the colours of ELM's models, we might be able to recreate good colour images of what his Elizabeth Valley RR looked like. We'll never know if they are true to reality of course, but we might get some insight from them.

      Delete