![]() |
| A Gemini colourization of this ..... |
If you were to say I'm becoming obsessed with colourizing old E. L. Moore photographs I'd have to agree. The old photo below has a Christmas vibe to it so I thought now was a good time to ask Gemini to colourize it.
![]() |
| .... E. L. Moore black-and-white photograph. |
To me these colourizations, even though they are speculative, bring his work back to life. His old layouts and dioramas seem new and vital, not relics of the past. Attempting to make 'accurate' colourizations will be an interesting project for the new year.


worse things can be obsessed. i think it's definitely a noble endeavor.
ReplyDeleteAin't that the truth! I was thinking it might make for a nice little coffee table book. When the book was open there'd be a colour photo on the left and the b&w original on the right for comparison. Probably wouldn't be more than 40 or 50 pages, so it might make for an affordable physical book.
DeleteA.I. Photo coloring: I've been doing the same with my dad's estate photographs. But as to ELM: It bothers me that the bottom of the photo is more well lit than the darker mountains behind it. Can you ask A.I. to swap out a more realistic mountainous backdrop? Chances are they'll use less rugged hills, which might serve the photo better, although be less ELM.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the feedback! I'll give your suggestion a try when I dive into colourization in the new year.
Delete