Monday, June 5, 2023

Gear trouble


Yesterday in some comments I mentioned I had bought a loco (a Life Like # 8302 Dockside Switcher) at a swap meet awhile back, and I was assured by the seller that it was basically new-in-box and ran. Later I found it didn't run, but for $10, no loss. It can be used for photographing scenes, which is what it was meant for. I wanted to have some sort of loco that would look appropriate in an E. L. Moore type of diorama, and this will once I've repainted it.

The body's in great shape and will be straightforward to convert to an EVRR livery.

The gears on the other hand need alignment, and maybe replacement. I'll have to take it apart to know for sure.

And those side arms on the wheels don't move that freely. They'll need some sort of adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment