Monday, August 22, 2022

A European model railway to sell a prescription drug to North Americans?

Snipped from ENBREL's 2022 tv commercial

Michael alerted me to a tv commercial he recently saw for ENBREL as it opens with an interesting model railway scene, which is something of a rarity in mainstream tv. What struck me is the layout looks European, and I only note this because the commercial is being aired on American tv. I haven't seen it yet on tv, but now I'm on the lookout. My assumption is that a European commercial was repurposed for US tv to save some money, but that's all just speculation on my part. It looks like quite a good layout. I especially like the water feature seen in the lower left quarter of the image. It appears to be cast resin so you can see what's under the water's surface. Has this layout appeared in Continental Modeller magazine? Was it custom built for the commercial? If anyone out there knows anything about this layout, please leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Saw that commercial and immediately suspected it was purpose built for the commercial, but then began to wonder. Certain elements look well done, while others seem hastily applied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it was partially finished when they took it and someone from the art department finished it off?

      Delete