Tuesday, March 8, 2022

My LOT* in life: Memories of Toronto in HO scale

World's Biggest Bookstore on Edward St.

I was chatting with Dave recently about the Canadian Press building, and I began to realize that I didn't have reference photos for many of my models of Toronto's old buildings. For me - and Dave - here's a post to fill that gap. 
Thrifty's
Thrifty's jeans store on Yonge St.















































Art Metropole
The Art Metropole building on Yonge St.. This still exists, but with different businesses. 






















Steinberg
Steinberg supermarket in Scarborough's Cedarbrae Mall.

Thomson Building
A highly selectively compressed version of the Thomson Building on Queen St. W. Note: if you look closely you can see my camera reflection :-)










 









McGregor Park Library


An extremely selectively compressed interpretation of the old McGregor Park Library on Lawrence Avenue in Scarborough.




Canadian Press Complex
And finally, what I've called the Canadian Press Complex on King St. East. The Canadian Press building, the building Dave and I were discussing, is in the centre.
















---
*LOT = Little Old Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment