Sunday, March 27, 2022

$1 Die Craft

For the first time since 2019 I attended a swap meet, and like swap meets of yore, there was a smattering of E. L. Moore lineage stuff for those in the know. Ok, well, that means me :-)

I saw this assembled Life Like Die Craft Manufacturing Company, a variation on the Schaefer Brewery kit, for sale for $1CDN (80¢ US).  Even though it's missing a few parts, I couldn't argue with the price and bought it.

On the base's bottom is stamped: Life Like, Made in Western Germany. I suspect it was manufactured by Pola.

After looking the rest of it over it is indeed made from the old Schaefer Brewery molds. I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but I think it'll eventually find a place on the new layout.

5 comments:

  1. Kitbash it into Art Curren's Perry Shibble Fruits & Produce. From MR or RMC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like that project. And now I have 2 sets of walls. Hmmmm.

      Delete
  2. Nice find, my kind of price** - There is currently a built one on the bay for $34 US but not in such good condition! - A shrink wrapped one for $36.
    I have two - one awaiting assembly and a spare.
    Pola had it in their Quick range as B818.
    Of course I couldn't dig any of my 3 out from the archives?!?
    I can sent some images of the boxes for comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the meet there were a number of large collections of built up buildings for sale - estates that hadn't been disposed of yet. Prices were good ($5 would be a high price), but although I wanted to buy them all, I'd have no place for them or a use, other than admiring. But, I couldn't let the Die Craft pass me by.

      Delete