Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Buy the book at E. L. Moore's Bookery

Photos courtesy James L. Dixon

I know, I start a lot of these posts saying how surprised I was, or how pleased I was to see a particular model, and I'll say it again, I was surprised and pleased to see that Uncle Charley's Bookery has survived.

I didn't build this as a teen; I didn't even know about it back then. It was a good ten years ago (yikes, time flies!) that I found out about it and decided to make one of my own. What was the attraction?


Walls and walls of books.

Not to mention the charming little building and walled garden.

The deal was sealed and I started to work.








First, a little shameless self-promotion: all my Bookery posts can be found tagged with The Bookery, and final glamour shots can be found here








The flowering vines are a nice touch. I also like that curved path from the gate that sweeps over to the side door.



















That's not a shed in the garden, but an outhouse.








The bookery dates from an age before central heating, as well as indoor plumbing, so a substantial fireplace was needed to keep the place warm.














I followed his directions on making the books. It was a bit tedious, but the end result was fine.

As you can see, his interior is highly animated. Looks like there's a policeman having a chat with Abraham Lincoln. 

2 comments: