Sunday, April 11, 2021

Backing away from the wall

It's been decades since I've felt like throwing a kit against a wall and walking away, but I felt it just the other day with the AMT GMC Jimmy project. As therapy goes, that's not the best result - maybe I should have tried Primal Scream :-) I guess the kit isn't so bad, it just seems like it's been a lot of niggling little things that came to a head when the wheels refused to slide on the metal axles because either the axle diameter was too big or the holes in the wheels were too small. After calming down I drilled out the wheels and pushed in the axles as far as they'd go, but they still didn't go in all the way. I left it at that.

I spray painted the body last week, and although it went on nice and even, after drying it appears that some body panels dried flat and others glossy. I don't know why. I'm thinking this thing is going to be parked for awhile and I'm going to return to the HQ conversion.

3 comments:

  1. I have had a few experiences like this. I am sure we all have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but it's safely back in its box now so it doesn't cause any more trouble for awhile :-)

      Delete