Saturday, May 9, 2020

The Unsigned

I've noticed that many of my buildings don't have signs or other external details that the real things would. Without signs, and lighting, they seem dead. I created a temporary street on the shelf behind my desk - which turns out to put the ground floors at eye-level when I swivel my chair around to have a look - so I could look at buildings neighbouring the Canadian Press model, and maybe fix-up their detailing as the CP building is finished. I hoping that dealing with a group that needs small details might create a big improvement of the overall scene.
I also lined up a few buildings that are also missing signage and details as these will look rather abandoned when they appear on the layout. I'm hoping by having them glare at me I'll finally breakdown and add details :-)
I won't be adding snow as a detail as I've seen enough. Luckily that stuff melted after 30 minutes or so, but as I write this a new flurry has moved in to fill the gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment