Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Johnsons Chemicals or Burns Engineering?

It's weird how my memory works. When Martin sent me a photo of this Burns Engineering Corp. boxing by Atlas of the machine shop, which they had also boxed as Johnsons Inc. Chemical Products, my mind flashed on seeing lots of machine shops with Burns signs back in the '70s, but for some reason this only bubbled up when I saw this box top. The painting on the Johnsons boxing suggests it's moulded in yellow brick, and has a water tank that this one doesn't. The variations and boxings this kit has seen never ceases to amaze me. I wonder if this is typical for these cheap-and-cheerful kits, or if this is unique to the machine shop? 

2 comments:

  1. They may be cheerful and might have been cheap 40/50 years ago, but most sources today are far from being cheap, especially with international postage on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How right you are! I have to admit that the shipping costs often exceed the price of the product, and that for me will kill most sales.

      Delete