Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Recently Updated: Moore's Balsa Products & Machine Shop Kit List

News Flash! 

If you've been following along at home you may have noticed that I've been updating the list of boxings of the E. L. Moore designed Machine Shop kit in the Moore's Balsa Products post. Martin has generously shared images of a number of boxings he's found, and so far there are 14 (!) in the list (the AHM original, kit #5839 + 13 reboxings). Yes, 14. I have no idea if this many was common in the industry, but it seems like a lot to me. There might still be more out there. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. This is a marvelously meaningless topic! I know it has bearing whatsoever on this planet's current woes and am delighted it's NOT! I am following this packaging drama for all it's worth. It has some significance; how to keep on selling the same item to new generations. That's marketing genius (combined with a great ELM-based product, of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I bounced the idea of downloading the Imperial College Covid-19 code ( https://thecritic.co.uk/a-series-of-tubes/ ) off the Head of Everything Important here at the 30Squares World Domination HQ and spend sometime to figure out how it works, and maybe turn it into some decent code, I was advised not to waste my time (no one would appreciate the work), so I'm sticking with investigating the plastic legacy of ELM. At least it provides some entertainment and diversion and I'm glad you're following along!

      Delete