I spent sometime working out the curve that will take the standard gauge rolling stock down to the dock from the mainline. I used the RDC-M as the test article as it's the most sensitive to tight track radii and will be the featured vehicle on this layout. Some previous testing indicated it could negotiate an 8" radius curve, but I couldn't replicate that with this configuration and had to reform the dock access track to slightly more than a 9" radius. The RDC-M goes around this track just fine now, but, as you can see, the dock track no longer has that interesting diagonal swoop. Design work continues.
Sunday, September 27, 2026
Unswooping the dock access track
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How important is the Inglenook game aspect of the design? If you won't be operating it as a shunting puzzle does that open new vistas?
ReplyDeleteIt’s not that important, but I’ve been working on it today and I think I’ve fixed my problem. Did you have a suggestion?
Delete