![]() |
| Here's the link to the podcast. |
As part of their A History of the United States in 100 Objects podcast series the BBC features the biography of Thaddeus Lowe - yes, that Thaddeus Lowe, of Mount Lowe Railway fame - in episode 4. His story begins at the start of the American Civil War, continues on through the creation of the Mount Lowe Railway, and ends with Michael Collins, Apollo 11 astronaut, orbiting the Moon. Give it a listen. You won't be disappointed.

This looks very interesting, I will definitely follow this one through.
ReplyDeleteIt's a good podcast. As I've thought about it for a few days the only quibble I have with it is they at times refer to TL as a con man. He was definitely a showman and a driven, risk taking, innovative inventor and entrepreneur, but I don't think defrauding people was one of his personality traits, so I don't agree with their use of con man.
Delete