Sunday, April 26, 2026

Looking and thinking and AI and Chloe and E. L. Moore


A day or so ago YouTube's algorithm recommended this video to me. I was intrigued and watched it. It reminded my of the Full Observation post from a few years back, but had a lot of other interesting things to say.

So, I went and had a look through Sam Hamper's videos and thought the title of this one, Find Meaning Through Making, intriguing so I had a look:


There is a little self-promotion inside, but, hey, everyone's got to make a living, and it isn't obnoxious. Again, I found it quite intriguing, especially his discussion on trying to have a thoughtful and nuanced look at AI regarding art. 

That lead me to this interview with the creator of the Chloe vs History videos, Jonathan Laramie:


Again, intrigued, because if what Mr. Laramie said is true, then it should be possible to recreate a 'functioning' E. L. Moore's Elizabeth Valley Railroad through the use of AI. There is enough reference material to do so. Regular readers may recall I made an attempt simply to colourize some photographs of the EVRR, but ran into some issues I didn't know how to resolve. This interview suggests the answer is out there, I just need to buckle down and do the work.

Ok, so after the interview I thought I should have a look at one of the Chloe videos and settled on I time travelled to Ancient Rome:


Entertaining as well as intriguing. Implications-wise, there's lots to think about. And, also, Majestic Studios is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment