Monday, March 27, 2023

The Superior Bakery's melted twin

Mysterious bag of parts

Yesterday after I was done rummaging through the Superior Bakery, checking to see if all the parts were present, I found I couldn't get the lid back on the box. It seemed this bag of parts was preventing the lid from properly seating. All the parts were present, so I wasn't sure what the bag of stuff was. I didn't want to fiddle anymore with the box, so I left it with the lid askew and made some coffee. 

Today I went and opened up that bag.








Top: Melted remains of fire victim | Bottom: Walls and roof of pristine twin 
The bag contained the remaining parts from a Superior Bakery that seems to have experienced some sort of tragic fire related accident. A hot-knife based kitbashing gone wrong? A lit pipe that got too close to the kit? Stray cigarette ash? Children renovating the model with firecrackers? Who knows. At least the box does contain a complete, unblemished Superior Bakery inside. I'll consider those 'extra' parts a bonus and ask no further questions about the horrible fate that befell them.

Model building is full of mysteries :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment