Monday, September 12, 2022

A new stake car for the Lands & Forests RR

Left: Unconverted | Right: Converted
I took the stake wagon that had a pair of broken stakes on one end and 'converted' it to a freelanced car for the Loonar Module. I say 'converted' because all I did was add some sign boards, paint the body yellow, the wooden floor a dirty brown, and the chassis a grimy black, and then add some decals - not much of a conversion.

A few days after finishing I was reading through Brick Price's narrow gauge modelling book again, and stumbled across a very similar 'conversion' on page 95. Concerning the gondola in figure 8-24 at the top of the page, Mr. Price had this to say:

It is made in England and is considered N scale, but the body size is perfect and the trucks are even credible for arch bars. It took fifteen minutes to convert the coupler, weather it, and remove the buffers on the end.

Everything old is new again I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment