Sunday, July 17, 2022

Shaping light

I'm posting these pictures of scenes from the Loonar Module not necessarily because I think they're great in some way, but because, along with some others (here, here, here, here and here), they record something about the nature of the light I'm trying to capture. Although the trees and shrubbery and rocks are not high fidelity modelling, their colour and structure seem to filter and reflect and shape sunlight in just the right way that reminds me of this sort of forest and lake scenery in this part of the world. 


When I look at the layout through the camera in July sunlight I'm starting to see what I'm after, which I only see in rough approximations indoors. I'm thinking lighting is one of the most neglected aspects of layout construction, but it has the potential to improvement a layout far beyond what more detail might do. 
I've got aways to go lighting wise, but I feel I'm heading in the right direction for the character I want to capture.

2 comments:

  1. If you are taking photos outdoors, place on top of your car and face camera upward--- should be able to find a clear sky background that's a better colour than you're using?

    ReplyDelete