Saturday, April 16, 2022

Dig that funky trackwork

Soon after motorizing the Hong Kong tram I started to wonder about the feasibility a small HO-9 streetcar layout built with Kato's Unitram track. I could have got out the pencils and rulers and measured things to do my wondering, but instead I got out the track and buildings and tram and ran a test. I videoed it and posted some stills back in December. The video seemed a little sterile, but I've recently learned how to add a music track with some of Youtube's fee free audio. So, here's the test, jazzed up with a funky soundtrack :-)

Oh, the test results? Things look good, but the tram is a bit too wide, and two can't pass each other without colliding. Still though, I kind of like the idea. Or, maybe it's just the music :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment