Saturday, August 21, 2021

An E. L. Moore study diorama

The collection contains three of the industrial buildings that appeared on the right side of E. L. Moore's 1900 era shortline terminal yardDilly Manufacturing Co., Central Warehouse, McGee Lumber Co.. Since all of them appear in a row along a siding on Mr. Moore's diorama, I started to wonder if some sort of display or diorama could be put together that replicated that part of the yard. 

One thing lead to another and I started to play with the idea of building a small layout / diorama, 2'x4' say, that contained the three buildings from the yard, along with a few others.

Right now I'm thinking of a loop with 10" radius curves and 2 sidings for industries. I'd also like to include the original Ma's Place and the AHM plastic kit of Ma's - painted to match the original - as well as my handcar shed, which was my attempt years ago to try a variety of Moorian building techniques

The base would be foam, power DC, and it might incorporate a scene divider down the centre to split the layout in two. Design work continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment