Monday, May 3, 2021

Ironmasters of Upper Canada

I was surprised to find this documentary on the history of the Marmora ironworks featured at the Marmora Heritage Foundation's website in honour of Marmora's 200th anniversary this year. It's a little on the long side, but there's lots of interesting information in there. 

If you're a regular here you may recall that last year I searched around for the location of some old speeder sheds in Marmora and Havelock. I decided to send my location question to Anne Philpot at the MHF. She generously responded and sent my question off to some local experts. She also sent me these interesting links to photos of old Marmora railway structures: The Central Ontario Railway and the Marmora Station and News from the Train Station. In amongst the photos is one of a rather intriguing water tank, and another of one of the boxiest freight warehouses I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment