Monday, December 7, 2020

Steinberg store box

The previous post didn't clearly show the box that makes up the basic structure of the store, so I thought I'd post a couple of more informative pictures.

I decided to try modelling the wall surfaces by attaching various types of papers. The front wall is 140 lb Arches coarse watercolour paper, the sides are built up from construction paper, and the back wall is standard brick paper.

The colours and textures are all speculation on my part. The front wall should be a multi-coloured brick with maybe 60% white bricks in the mix, but I couldn't replicate that to my satisfaction, so I just I just modelled it as a textured white surface. Likewise, the side walls appear to have been panelled as shown, but I can't find a colour reference, so I went with something that seemed ok. 

On the model the main features are the glass facade, its MCM roof, and the retro Steinberg signs, so I think it's ok for the surfacing of the supporting walls to be a secondary concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment