Tuesday, August 27, 2019

A Bandaged Dark Passage

I don't know what to say about Dark Passage. It has the elements of both an excellent noir, and an odd B-movie all in the same movie. But, it stars Bacall and Bogie, not to mention it features the awesomeness of 1947 San Francisco, so based on those things alone I watched it all the way through. 

Lauren Bacall is infinitely watchable as always. And Humphrey Bogart was surprisingly expressive when bandaged.

Well, ok there were the cable cars and the possible streetcar diner, but as far as movies go, those usually aren't enough to hold my attention. I can't believe I wrote that, but it's true :-) 

Look, if you're a Bacall and Bogie fan, watch it.

But, I must admit that Humphrey Bogart as the bandaged, plastic surger-ied Vincent Parry reminded me of Nash the Slash.

2 comments:

  1. “As far as movies go, those usually aren't enough to hold my attention. I can't believe I wrote that, but it's true”: you made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there was an episode of the Big Bang Theory where Sheldon goes to a performance of A Streetcar Named Desire, only to find out there aren't any streetcars involved and is quite disappointed. I used to slip into the Sheldon-mode, but not so much anymore :-)

      Delete